Memberships, Donations, and Volunteering
Become a member of the SBPC by Donating today!
Volunteer With Us!
Please fill out this form so we can stay in touch with you about events and projects that need your help!
The South Bay Parkland Conservancy (SBPC) was founded in the summer of 2004, and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in the State of California in November of 2004. Contributions made to the SBPC are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The King Harbor Legal Defense Fund is a new effort SBPC has launched to help ensure the Redondo Beach waterfront is revitalized and not supersized.
You can also help SBPC by assisting in outreach programs and events or volunteering your special skills or ideas for restoring the AES power plant for the public to enjoy. Give what you can of your time and/or money. The return in increased and improved parklands will benefit present and future generations.
Monetary contributions to the SBPC will help with our community outreach, and help to cover costs for materials and supplies for regular operations and special events. Volunteering to assist with outreach programs and events is another valuable way you can assist the SBPC. Give what you can of time and/or money. The return in increased and improved parklands will benefit present and future generations.
The SPBC and its members help to promote local parklands by:
- Advocating for parkland on the AES power plant site.
- Working with private donors/government agencies/corporations/foundations to acquire open space.
- Participating in local community events to build awareness and support for our efforts.
- Sponsoring speaker events where experts and activists in other areas have been successful with similar goals.
- Keeping involved and in contact with local issues and city officials.
- Publishing an annual newsletter and monthly updates.